Samsung also moved ahead of Nokia, with its flagship Galaxy S II product performing well, but its overall performance was underwhelming, considering the opportunities offered by the upheaval at Nokia.
Samsung has failed to fully capitalize on Nokia’s weakened state around the world, as the Finnish company rides out a challenging transitional period.
Samsung is the best placed vendor to grow at Nokia’s expense, taking advantage of its global scale and channel reach, but it hasn’t yet done enough to capitalize on this, particularly in emerging markets.
Samsung was the largest Android device vendor and the number two vendor overall in the market with shipments of its own-branded devices at 17.0 million units. Its year-on-year growth of 421% was helped by significant growth of 355% in its bada smart phone shipments. Samsung also acts as an ODM for the Google Nexus S and T-Mobile Sidekick 4G, collectively estimated to have shipped 0.7 million units.
Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II Unlocked GSM Smartphone with 8 MP Camera, Android OS, 16 GB Internal Memory, Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, and GPS–No Warranty (Noble Black)
- Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps, EDGE/GPRS Class 12, Quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900, Quad band UMTS 850/900/1900/2100
- Operation System: Android Platform 2.3. Dual Core Application Processor provides unsurpassed functionality and density for faster browsing, quicker multi-tasking, a smoother UI, snappier streaming and highly efficient gaming.
- Display: 4.3″ WVGA SUPER AMOLED Plus. The 4.3″ SUPER AMOLED Plus display goes a step beyond the already remarkable SUPER AMOLED to provide enhanced readability, a slimmer design, and better battery consumption for the best viewing value of any smartphone.
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED Flash + 2MP Front Camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, BT v3.0+HS, USB v2.0. Battery: 1650mAh
The follow-up to the extremely successful GALAXY S, Samsung’s GALAXY S II is a powerhouse of a smartphone in a fantastically sleek and lightweight design. Considerably thinner than the original GALAXY S and rivals such as the iPhone 4 (8.49mm v 9.3mm) the GALAXY S II is stunningly light (only 117g) and packs the latest version of Android (Gingerbread). The one feature most people will notice immediately is Samsung’s best ever screen; the monster 4.27-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen runs at 480 x 800 resolution, has colours visibly brighter and more vivid than other phones, better contrast and lower power consumption, and performs superbly for gaming and watching video. Plus there’s an 8.1 megapixel camera with full 1080p HD video recording, video playback at 30 frames per second and a dual-core processor, with each core running at a blistering 1Ghz for an incredibly responsive experience. The GALAXY S II comes with four hubs to help you make the most of your Galaxy S II; Social, your chatting life in one place, Readers, Samsung’s new ebook reader area, Game, the easiest way to download and play the best games, and Music, with access to over 12 million tracks.
List Price: $ 899.99
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B004QTBQ2C”]